In concert with the Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society (ARCSHS, La Trobe University), SSAC will convene a symposium on performance and image-enhancing drugs (PIEDs) in Melbourne on February 16, 2018. Prof. Suzanne Fraser, Assoc Prof. Kate Seear and Dr Aaron Hart will all contribute to the day’s proceedings.
Our anticipated audiences include:
- needle and syringe program workers and others associated with blood-borne virus prevention
- general practice physicians, alcohol and other drug workers, allied health practitioners and others responsible for the clinical care of men who inject PIEDs
- public health policy makers
- alcohol and other drug scholars and other health researchers
- fitness industry workers, business operators and patrons
- PIED consumers and people close to them
SSAC would like to thank Emily Lenton at ARCSHS for her work organising this event.